Can you believe that it is already time to think about going back to school this fall?
Part of the back to school stress is due to having SO. MUCH. TO. THINK. ABOUT. Whether you spent your summer at conferences or took the entire summer off to just rest and enjoy your family, reality is sure to set in soon. The classroom is calling, and you must go. (Nooooooooooooooo!)
Of course we love it when we get back to school! The smell of fresh school supplies just have a way of easing the transition, don’t they… but it is hard to leave behind these easy days of summer to jump right into planning mode.
Bulletin boards. Syllabi. Formal lesson plans. Emergency sub plans. PD goals. It can be overwhelming to check things off the back to school to-do list without a little help from a friend. Well, here are FOUR friends ready to help and guide you as you go back to school! Teachers Pay Teachers is throwing their annual Back to School Sale THIS WEEK (August 1-2), and you can save 25% on any product in our stores! We’ve selected some items to highlight that we think you will find SO helpful to you as you get your classroom and your lesson plans ready for this school year…and we are offering a few sweet little gifts as well!
FIRST PRIZE: A class set of novels from Fluency Matters ($150 value)
SECOND PRIZE: Level 1 FVR classroom library set from Fluency Matters ($50 value)
THIRD PRIZE: Level 3 FVR classroom library set from Fluency Matters ($30 value)
Here’s how to win big:
- Select and purchase at least ONE item from each of the four stores listed below (a total of four items, each from a different store). Purchase must be made by midnight AKDT on Wednesday, August 2.
- Fill out this form: (click here).
- Wait for the big announcement on Thursday! Winners will be selected at random and notified via email pending confirmation of purchase.
Remember to use coupon code BTS2017 when shopping to receive the full 25% discount! Both the sale and the giveaway end on Wednesday, August 2 at midnight–so don’t delay!
Kristy, Carrie, Nelly, and Martina ❤
- MovieTalk resources for ‘Alike’: This movie talk is the perfect way to start your year letting students know that your class is going to be really special!
- Four Corners Posters A versatile product that allows you to get students up and moving while keeping your class in Spanish!
- Student-created Novel Stations Review a novel in a “novel way!” Students do all the work!
- El Fútbol ~ Unidad Didáctica Filled with cultural readings, music, and structure in context, this unit is a great way to engage students in a study rich in culture and language.
- ¿Adónde vas? Game Inspired by the popular game show, Hollywood Game Night, this is a great way to practice circumlocution in the classroom. Whether you throw in some props for a twist or play with cards only, this game is sure to engage your students!
- Futbolistas famosos Short on time for a full unit on soccer? These readings may be just what you need. Complete with follow up activities, they will help your students get to know some of the most famous players in Latin American soccer
- Sofía by Álvaro Soler: Whether you’ve used a lot of “songs of the week” or are new to the idea, Sofia is sure to be a class favorite!
- El Regalo MovieTalk Activities: Movie talk expert or just dipping your toes in the water, this unit focuses on the short film “the present” and offers a variety of questioning techniques and follow up activities to make the movie talk a success.
- Proficency Path: Help your students remember that proficiency is a journey by displaying this printable “path to proficiency.” With simple “I Can” statements from novice low to intermediate high, visualizing themselves becoming more proficient in their new language is easy!
- Bi-weekly subscription to El Mundo en tus manos: Spanish language news summaries from the Spanish speaking world, published September through May
- MORE Independent Textivities: 18 reproducible text-based activities that students can complete independently for ANY text.
- Mi Bolivia Subject Pronouns & Reading: Teach your students about Bolivia while presenting subject pronouns in context
Remember to use coupon code BTS2017 to get the full 25% discount, and complete this form before midnight AKDT on Wednesday, August 2 to be entered to win!