See you at ACTFL!

Download all handouts from my 2013 session here.

It’s 8:30pm on Saturday night, the boys are asleep (for now, anyway), and I am on the computer putting finishing touches on my presentation for ACTFL. That’s right…I am actually going to a conference, and I am hoping that I will be able to meet many of you in person!! When Cindy Hitz came up to Alaska in September for our conference, all of my friends thought that it was so hilarious that I was going to the airport to pick up a “friend” that I had never met and bring her to my house for the night and then drive her around the next day. They were sure that she was going to be a serial killer (her cookies are quite deadly, I must admit!). I hope to meet many of my online friends in person so that we can be real friends 🙂

Introduce authres

So, how can we find each other? Well, like I said, I will be presenting on Saturday at 11:15am along with every other TPRS/CI teacher (coincidence….? hmm…), so you can find me in room W204A from 11:15am-12:15pm. I will be presenting on the BEST way to use authentic resources for novice learners…comprehensible input! The infograph you see here is a sneak preview of the presentation. I’ll work through five resources with eleven different activities. If, however, you can’t make it to my presentation because you want to attend Cindy’s on short films (can someone please record it?!) or one of the other CI/TPRS presentations happening in that exact.same.hour…you can find me at the TPRS Publishing vendor booth whenever I’m not attending sessions, but definitely on Friday from 10:00-12:00 and Saturday from 2:00-4:00.

22 thoughts on “See you at ACTFL!

1. Kristin says:

Ugh so frustrating! I was looking at the schedule and thought several of the TPRS/CI presentations were overlapping… Don’t get to go to ACTFL, but several teachers from my district are going, so hopefully they will attend your session! If you meet anyone from Alberta, Canada, that is likely them!

2. Kathryn Zetts says:

I went to your pinterest page, and kept exploring it even though I was looking for French stuff…I really liked the English pronunciation video.  Thank for posting/pinning  that!

Kathy Zetts

3. Beth Gregones says:

My husband is laughing right now because I always get the abbreviations for Alabama and Alaska mixed up…and I cannot believe you are in Alaska because my cousin lives there and we were Just THERE and we could be friends already…I cannot believe this is happening/has happened…I just went to the Michigan WLA conference and there was all kinds of good stuff. I will share the notes with you!!!

4. Cynthia says:

Here’s a comment from the so-named ” serial killer”: I want to know how learning those other 4 languages has been going the last few months. 😊
    I checked the layout of the convention center and the room capacity. I’m fairly certain they put you in a room that is too small. It will be standing room only, so people will need to arrive early.
    Time to shine Martina. Time to shine. 😊

5. Alison Nelson says:

I hope you are sharing out your presentation after for those of us not going to ACTFL! And I’ll try to follow along on twitter. ¡Buena suerte!

6. Jennifer says:

I am making my first foray into using an authentic resource in my level 1 class since your session 🙂
    Using embedded reading to introduce my kids to Pablo Neruda…