One of my favorite things about using TPRS® is that my students provide me with an endless supply of content that I can use to create future lesson plans. Most recently, I used the class story from Camina y corre to use in my emergency sub plans for the year: Zombie themed! You can download them here.
Anytime that your class creates a story or your students do free writes, you can type them up and create activities to leave in your sub-plan or fast-finishers stash. Here are some activity ideas that you can create from them that take very little time on your end to create:
- CLOZE passages
- Storyboards to illustrate
- Reading with comprehension questions
- Write an alternate ending
- Write a new version
- Write a summary, and then a summary of the summary (shrinking summaries)
- Print the story out-of-order, students put it in the correct order
- Expand the story from within (add one new sentence for every two-three sentences; add at least two words to each sentence, etc.)
- Do a horizontal conjugation
What kinds of activities do you typically leave for sub plans?