19 thoughts on “TPRS + Avancemos

1. Piedad Gutierrez says:

Hola!
    I wrote the TPRS ancillary for Avancemos. If it is not available to teachers anymore I would ask the publisher to allow me to share the stories in my website. Each level has a component with four stories per lesson and a selection of vocabulary from the main textbook.
    Go to http://TPRSofN.com if you do not know who I am.

• Martina Bex says:

Fantastic!!!! The teacher that asked me for suggestions must not have realized that there is a TPRS ancillary out there (neither did I!). I will email her and let her know!

• Jen says:

My school purchased the new 2013 Avancemos for Span 1-3–however the TPRS stories do not match the textbook content–so I am reinventing the wheel AGAIN! Is there anybody out there teaching with Avancemos and would be willing to collaborate with me to create new stories. I have 4 different classes to teach and already feel burned out. 🙁

• monica says:

Hola yo lo tengo pero no entiendo muy bien como usarlo, usas las historias tal cual estan? crea cada maestro su propia historia/? me gustaria usarlo pero me faltan ideas
      gracias

• Piedad Gutierrez says:

Hola Mónica, cada historieta está diseñada para ser usada después de haber enseñado el vocabulario. O sea si haces TPR y PQA con las estructuras y el vocabulario complementario, puedes usar las historietas para storytelling. Mándame un mensaje a piedad@tprsofnj.com y te mando copias de planes por semana, si crees que eso te ayuda.

2. Kristin York says:

Martina, I’ve also got stories that have pulled structures from the vocabulary from each unit a la Blaine Ray LICT materials. They have worked really well for me, though feedback I’ve gotten has been the stories are a bit long. (I teach on the block) The documents are kind of long tho I’m happy to share – just not sure if you’d like my six pages for telehistoria escena 1.1 posted at the end of your document.

3. Douglas Sherer says:

Anyone out there teaching out of Avancemos IV, I am looking for TPRS readings and lessons built around the readings. I have just started with 4 but I am rather creative and would be happy to exchange lessons for lessons. Last year I taught with Avancemos II and have a cache of stuff made for that level. Please e-mail me at dougsherer@gmail.com