Esperanza, Chapter 10 and Epilogue
- Students made predictions as to how the novel would end. They wrote them on scrap slips of paper and turned them in, and I shared them with the class.
- We discussed the before-reading discussion questions from the Teacher’s Guide.
- I read the chapter aloud to my students, and they followed along in their books.
- Students worked individually to complete this Graphic Organizer/comprehension question worksheet.
- I reviewed the correct answers with them.
- Students worked with partners to complete the timeline activity from the Teacher’s Guide (I made a reusable set, of course!).
- I assigned them a project. It was an epic fail, and so I will not be posting on it, haha!!